Greetings! My name is Alinah and I'm co-creator of Sista Shea ("Shay") Butter.
As a Bri'ish woman of African-Caribbean descent, living in a hard water area and in a cold climate, I know it can be challenging for us to achieve glowing skin. Growing up in the UK and spending long periods in the Caribbean and west Africa, I became increasingly aware that we are often sold mass-produced chemically preserved lotions and haircare treatments formulated in far-away factories.
Providing my community with honest, simple and authentic skincare is what keeps me smiling! We deserve better.
Experimenting with blending Shea butter, I completed a course in Natural Skincare formulation to further my technical knowledge.
Working from my home environment and operating a small-scale production is how I ensure high quality control while using cosmetic industry best practices.
I select premium quality Shea butter as the main ingredient because it is long known for its skin softening, soothing and healing benefits alongside its youth retaining properties.
Keeping it simple, I blend with:
• Coconut oil, well-known for its penetrating and hydrating effects and helps with anti-ageing and eczema.
• Rich in vitamin C and A, mango seed butter delays wrinkles, is an effective treatment of bites, while firming skin and healing scars.
• Lime essential oil with its mood-lifting scent, antiviral, antibacterial and antioxidant properties aids the removal of blemishes and scars.
Compliment your self-care practice today and benefit from SSB authentic premium Shea Butter blends and receive optimal health benefits when you nourish yourself on the inside as well as the out!
• Softens skin
• For the whole family
• Simple ingredients
• Made with loving intention
• Smooth consistency
• Free from harmful chemicals
• Great for massage
• Reduces the appearance of scars
• Evens skin tone
• Defines afro and coily hair - great for locs retwist!
• Brightens glow
Sista Shea Butter is the blend that you deserve. Compliment your self-care practice, with honest ingredients, simple blends and authentic Shea butter, the real Ghana gold, handmade by sisters working in pro-people co-operatives in Tamale and blended with care by a cottage industry Sista from London.
I create two blends; Shea Butter whipped with Coconut and Shea Butter whipped with Mango Seed Butter and lime essential oil. Both for hair and body. Fulljoy!
For more on the Gram: